I just submitted my first R package
xutils to CRAN and got accepted! The package website is here.
This is a package that contains several (currently only one) functions that I found useful and don’t have mature solution out there. Hence I decided to put together such a package for future use easier.
Fast and efficient function for decoding HTML entities in R
I have introduced a function
html_decode in the package, where it maps HTML entities back to their original UTF-8 characters.
An example would be:
# load library library(xutils) # create test strings strings <- c("abcd", "& ' >", "&", "€ <") # decode html_decode(strings)
##  "abcd" "& ' >" "&" "€ <"