A New Look of My Website
While trying to update my website, I found that my previous website template academicpages.github.io has not been updated for some time and was only working with Ruby 2.x. Since Ruby upgrades to 3.x, it was backward incompatible and caused some issues. I could potentially learn a new language and make it work, but I discovered this other academic website template al-folio. It seems to be more update-to-date and modern, so I decided to use this design for my website.
Although I posted some blogs in the old website and even wrote a little package to use Atom for automatically compiling Rmd into Markdown for the website, I didn’t quite like the way it was displaying the blog posts. Plus, I later shifted to Visual Studio Code as my main editor (like everyone should).